At Home with the Holmes

In the spirit of sharing with our friends and family, I am finally starting a blog. Here you will find Musings from Mom, Dave's Diatribes, an occasional thought from a child, and all together, our thoughts on raising 4 children, 2 dogs and 2 cats.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

I am mom to 4 children, 16, 14, 11 and 3. I am married to my soulmate, David. I just started in Real Estate after leaving the Theatre. I spend alot of time online, but have met some of my "best friends" through computer boards.

Friday, June 17, 2005

Mollie the Medalist

Mollie is an amazing paddler. She was recently named to the Richardson  Racing Team as one of the best paddlers in the area. At a recent regatta, she won a couple of gold medals, a couple of silver medals and a couple of bronze medals. She is looking at joining the Sprint Team, a training organization for the U.S. Olympic Team, which will afford her the opportunity to train regularly with Olympic Coaches and compete throughout the world. Amazingly, she is able to stay upright in a boat about the size of a waterski. I have no idea how she does it, I just know that I love to watch her do it. Next week she will be at day camp all week, and after that she will be making a decision about whether to make the commitment necessary to join the Sprint Team. I am really trying to sit back and let her make her own decision, as it is a huge time and monetary commitment.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Mollie!! I'm so proud of you!!
You are so wise, Beth, to let Mollie make her own decision about whether or not to join the Spirit Team.
Grammy Pat

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Molly, I'm very sorry I haven't taken the time to comment on your talents and accomplishments, sooner. I for one have always thought your artistic talents, and athletic prowess in paddeling
separate you from the pack, and will someday pay dividends. I'm looking forward to spending some quality time with you soon.
Love, Grandpa

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home