At Home with the Holmes

In the spirit of sharing with our friends and family, I am finally starting a blog. Here you will find Musings from Mom, Dave's Diatribes, an occasional thought from a child, and all together, our thoughts on raising 4 children, 2 dogs and 2 cats.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

I am mom to 4 children, 16, 14, 11 and 3. I am married to my soulmate, David. I just started in Real Estate after leaving the Theatre. I spend alot of time online, but have met some of my "best friends" through computer boards.

Friday, June 24, 2005

The neverending porch project.....

That comes before the neverending basement project. Bless his heart, David is just the best husband in the world. I have always wanted to have part of my wraparound porch screened in (it actually wraps around 3 sides of my house) and each year I decide more and more should be screened. This year, we finally got started and David is working so hard to get it done, so that we can start back on the boys' rooms in the basement. Screening in the porch doesn't sound like it should be so difficult, but I should probably mention that the porch is about 20 feet or so off the ground on one side, and various amounts of added wood needs to be added to the top, bottom and middle of each section, in order to allow the screen tight system to sit flush. He is also building 2 doorways, one for each end of the screened in area. He has worked every day and every evening on this job, and it is finally nearly time to start the screening process. He is having to build scaffolding and will stand on a six inch board 20 some feet in the air to put on the screen. I can't even think about it.

Oh did I mention when it gets screened, I want it carpeted? The boys may never get their rooms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home